The following are a few of CSE's representative projects:
- Hidalgo County Countywide FEMA Flood Map Modernization Project for Federal Emergency Management Agency of Department of Homeland Security and Hidalgo County - The purpose of this project was to develop a digital flood insurance map (DFIRM) for the entire Hidalgo County based on new LiDAR topographic data. This project involved base map DFIRM database development, LiDAR topographic data processing, detailed hydrologic and hydraulic modeling analyses, and digital floodplain database and mapping. The project covers more than 1,850 square miles.
- Raymondville Flood Control Project for USACE and Hidalgo County Drainage District No.1 - This project was sponsored by Hidalgo County Drainage District No.1 in partnership with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The purpose of this project was to formulate and design a flood control plan to divert floodwater from North Main Drain to Raymondville Drain to reduce the existing flooding problems within the urbanized areas. The project involved extensive LiDAR data processing, ArcGIS mapping, GeoHMS/HEC-HMS and GeoRAS/HEC-RAS hydrologic and hydraulic modeling for more than 800 square miles of watershed and more than 100 miles manmade drainage channels.
- City of Harlingen Master Drainage Plan for City of Harlingen - Prepared a master drainage plan along with a Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for the City of Harlingen. Performed project data development such as field surveys, LiDAR processing, GIS processing and base mapping, drainage basin delineations, HEC-HMS modeling analysis, HEC-RAS modeling analysis for 49 drainage systems, and EPA-SWMM modeling analysis for 128 storm sewer systems. Developed cost estimates for each recommended improvement, such as channel and channel crossing modification, storm sewer system improvement, and detention basin.
- City of Edinburg Master Drainage Plan for Texas Water Development Board and City of Edinburg - . The purpose of this project is to develop a cost effective master drainange plan to assist the City in planning its outfall and storm sewer systems improvements. Performed project data development such as field surveys, LiDAR processing, GIS processing and base mapping, drainage basin delineations, HEC-HMS modeling analysis, HEC-RAS modeling analysis for 49 drainage systems, and performed EPA-SWMM modeling analysis storm sewer systems
- La Joya Watershed Study for Hidalgo County Drainage District No. 1 - The purpose of this project was to develop a master drainage plan for the Penitas Watershed (13 square miles) to provide outfall needs for the existing and future development within the watershed. The resulting plan will be used for the District as its drainage guidance to future development.
- Mission Inlet Flood Control Project for Hidalgo County - Developed improvement plans to provide a higher level of flood protection to the Mission Inlet Watershed.Complex hydraulic modeling performed using HEC-RAS 1D/2D unsteady and PC-SWMM models. The project involves coordination with FEMA and IBWC.
- Pharr-McAllen Watershed Study for Hidalgo County and City of Pharr - The objective of this project was to perform detailed hydrologic and hydraulic modeling evaluation to demonstrate the proposed plan will not have adverse hydraulic impact on the existing hydraulic conditions along Goose Creek and its tributaries. The proposed trail included a series of concrete pavements, boardwalks, two existing bridges, and two new proposed bridges.
- SH 365/ IBTC H&H Study for Hidalgo County Regional Mobility Authority - Performed H&H study and mitigation analyses for multiple segments of the proposed SH 365/ International Bridge Trade Corridor (IBTC) highway design project and prepared hydraulic report for the study.
- SH 68 Schematic for TxDOT & Hidalgo County - Performed roadway drainage study and H&H analysis for the proposed SH 68 segments from US 83 to I-69C including bridge and cross-culvert analysis.
- Nueces County Master Drainage Plan, Nueces County, TX - As the leading investigator for hydrologic and hydraulic modeling analysis, processed LiDAR topographic data and field survey data, performed countywide drainage basin delineations, HEC-HMS modeling analysis to determine peak flows for various storm events, HEC-RAS modeling to evaluate alternative improvement plans for various drainage channels. Also performed GIS base mapping for the project. A Capital Improvement Plan will be prepared for the project.